Money awareness is one of the most important and overlooked topics in our society. We deal with money on a day-to-day basis but how you deal with money differs from person to person. It should be a simple concept, but budgeting can be daunting and overwhelming to many. Being aware of what money comes into your business and/or household, what goes to savings, investments, and retirement and what money goes out is critical to your overall financial health.
So why is money awareness important? By increasing your awareness and by tracking your income and spending you are likely to make more accurate decisions in the future. Think of budgeting as being a roadmap. Where do you want to go in 2022? Let's create the roadmap, together. Becoming more aware of the money in your life will also help alleviate stress and financial worry.
So how money aware are you? Can you answer these questions off the top of your head?
- How much money do you net from your paycheck?
- What are your monthly recurring bills? Housing, groceries, dining out, entertainment, utilities, etc.
- How much are your personnel expenses each pay period?
- What are your monthly operating expenses?
- Do you set aside each month for savings and/or investments?
- Do you have enough in savings to cover your expenses for 6-12 month timeframe?
- Do you want to think of money differently and consciously become more aware of the dollars, cents, and balances?
Did you have trouble answering any of the above questions? If yes, you are not alone. Budgeting and tracking your finances can be overwhelming, stressful, and time-consuming. Don’t worry, Applied Financial Services is here to help. Below are two services AFS would like to highlight:
- You might consider scheduling one-on-one coaching sessions with Roxanne Albin, MBA. Roxanne works with individuals, businesses, and nonprofits to get a clear picture of where you are financially today. Where do you want to be in the future, what steps you need to take to get there, what is getting in your way, and she helps guide you through that process to reach your financial goals.
- Applied Financial Services specializes in creating ways to track your money so that this chore does not prove to be too time consuming or difficult. We can set up QuickBooks; assist with your bookkeeping needs; or create another system that works best for you and/or your company.
Saving up, paying debts, and living within your means are the facets of having solid financial foundation for your future. During the pandemic, many of us have had to dip into our savings to stay afloat. Some are still dealing with this situation, but for the others who have new jobs or revenue, we’d like to suggest trying to start putting some money back into your savings. It could be as small as $20 a week/month but every little bit helps. By making small adjustments today over time you will see your savings climb back up again. Every little bit helps.
If you have any other questions or concerns about money awareness AFS would be happy to meet with you to discuss your individual needs. Schedule a meeting at https://calendly.com/roxannealbin or give us a call at 415-842-7635.
We love to help clients at all stages of their financial journey.